18.7.09

July 18, 2009

Just getting back from Daytona Beach and man are my arms tired. No. Seriously, it was Daytona's HOG Chapter annual "Christmas in July" run and of course the SCHOG'S had to represent. Also, it's Saturday and after a long week of working in the office all bloody day, i just needed to get out and about and go for a putt. Lindinski just had some more skin cancer cut out Friday, so she was in no mood for a ride. About 25 bikes motor out of the shop and roll north at 8:45 am with Bruce and his Trike (that his old lady now rides. He just rides it on club rides to do his "radio" thing) leading the way up 17-92 to the north side of Lake Monroe, then east to Osteen and then 415 north. We pull into Daytona Harley, the old location on Beach St. around 10:30 am. I call my big brother and find him with his lovey at her tennis tournament out on LPGA. I say my goodby's to my club mates and head west on Dunn, then under 95, then north on LPGA for 3 miles to the huge tennis complex. Larry see's hear's me roll in and shows me the upclose parking spot for SnoopSkoot in the grass. He is there with his whole Brevard contingent who are banging balls all over the place. Pat and her new team mate are holding their own. I haven't seen Larry since before Leesburg. Huge dark clouds build, then pop, a strong stick of lighting spikes earthward and i say "i'm going", thinking i could roll south ahead of the incoming storm. Just as i roll out of the tennis parking lot a few big drops say how do you do, but i am out in front and leave them behind... I slip onto I-4 and motor towards home. Clear skies till Deltona, then all hell breaks loose. I am glad to see a overpass ahead and for my first time ever, seek shelter. Whew...

1 comment:

Webster World said...

Where are you?