7.5.06

day 15

worked late thurs. nite due to both my staff having time off, how dare they? lol anyhoo i make it by 7pm to the monthly SCHOG meeting and here is some evidence.
I enjoy taking the windscreen off for short rides, 10 miles to the VFW. A lot of Ultra's in this club as you can see.







Da guys like to hang out by the front door before the official meeting whistle is blown. I've been coming to these meetings now for almost a year and a half and have gotten to know some of the characters. and so i must again say that all transcribed here stays here. it may be a pack of lies, it may be the gods honest truth, but it's a proven fact that there is no better way to piss off your friends than to start writing the truth about them. That's just a writer's cross to bear. I'd have to change my name and move far far freakin away. Also. I came to this space in computerville as a place to practice my wordsmithing with no editors. so that i can let the muses take over and let the fingers fly, ever so anxious to see what comes out. We need some good motorcycle novels. in fact what is your favorite motorcycle novel? Not many out there. Hmmm? well. i saw ChainSaw and told him "man, i've never seen anyone handle his bike so smoothly and to be taking pictures at the same time. I can't shoot with my left hand. How do you do that?" i had already figured out my questions since our last ride to the Winery and now seeing him at the meeting, i was ready. Turns out that it is a wild and full of tricks cruise control that allows him to shoot with his right hand. He went on with each and every detail of each and every button for each and every situation, first the left side, then the right side so fast that all i could do was shake my head and say "wow", every moment or so. i have only one pic of me riding and he took it. I told him "ya. man that is a great picture, thanks for taking it. Of course your good looking wife in the background with that wide motorcycle smile on her mug, didn't hurt the pic either." and we both laughed. he then flashed one of those far away looks as if his mouth was getting ready to say something he maybe shouldn't, but was going to anyhoo. "Ya, when she's happy she's smiling. And that is good, BUT when she isn't!" then, all the men standing around bobbled their heads with grunts of understanding completely.

karen, the dirty blonde just right of center,won the 200 dollar pot in the 50/50 tonight. a hurahh from the gang with the usual "Karen buys the beer tonight!" rumbled from the crowd. She is also a ChromeAngel and rides a Deluxe too.

another gooood meeting with all giving the best hurrahhh to Ron/Karen for their BikerBash...ooops my time window just closed...

1 comment:

Biker Betty said...

I like how you call this "computerville." That's so appropriate. That's funny about the camera. I'd be like that too, just nodding my head. At least I have one glimpse into how someone takes a pic on a bike. I figure the other is someone has a passenger. Not sure I want to consider the other. I really want to take pics while driving, but I'm afraid I will be just like the roadkill I accidentally took a pic of this last week when taking the pic of a cool looking old barn (lol).

Safe Travels, Betty :)